Depleted holders Ballymun Kickhams share the spoils with Skerries Harps in SFC1 encounter


We were treated to another enthralling weekend of Dublin Senior 1 Football Championship action with Skerries Harps and Ballymun Kickhams leading the way on Saturday afternoon as they drew 0-15 to 1-12 in their Group 3 clash at Parnell Park.

allymun looked a shadow of the team that had proved so dominant in last year’s renewal, but there were mitigating factors in that regard, given the absence from the starting line-up of Dean Rock, Evan Comerford, John Small, Philly McMahon and Paddy Small (pictured), with the latter only seeing action off the bench. 

By the time of his arrival, the holders were playing second fiddle to an impressive Harps outfit, with Stephen Smith kicking four points from play to hand his team a deserved 0-9 to 0-6 interval lead. 

The holders improved after the break, buoyed as they were by Cameron McCormack’s 36th-minute goal and they looked to have taken a decisive hold on matters as they moved three points clear with ten minutes remaining. 

However, Skerries made one final surge that yielded points for Rob Delaney (2), Jack Smith and Stephen Smith and they were unfortunate to see Adam Fearon’s rising drive cannon to safety off the underside of Seán Currie’s crossbar in added time. 

Kickhams availed of this let-off as Small was fouled in the dying stages, with Fiach Andrews calmly converting the resultant free to ensure parity by the final whistle.  


On Sunday afternoon, Ballyboden St Enda’s seized control in the second half as they claimed an impressive 1-14 to 0-14 win against Na Fianna at Parnell Park. 

Trailing by 0-10 to 0-6 at the break, Boden immediately trimmed their deficit as Alan Flood fired home past David O’Hanlon following a typically powerful surge by Warren Egan. 

That momentum was maintained as Na Fianna were reduced to 14 men when Alistair Fitzgerald received a black card and St Enda’s availed of their numerical advantage when kicking four points on the bounce through Colm Basquel, Egan, Conal Keaney and Ryan Basquel.

Na Fianna regrouped, thanks to points from David Lacey and Brian O’Leary, but Ryan Basquel and Robbie McDaid ensured last year’s beaten finalists were not to be denied. 

Across the city in O’Toole Park, St Jude’s turned on the style after the break when accounting for St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh by 3-17 to 1-15. 

The Templeogue outfit led by 0-9 to 0-5 at the break, but they showed a greater edge in the second half to prevail thanks to goals from David Mannix, Alan Connolly and Ronan Joyce. 

Pat Spillane and Niall Coakley kicked four points apiece for the winners, with the Jude’s scoring completed through points from Kevin McManamon, Tom Lahiff, Dara Kavanagh and Seamus Ryan.    

SFC1 Group 1: Raheny 3-14 Whitehall Colmcille 3-9; Ballyboden St Enda’s 1-14 Na Fianna 0-14.

SFC1 Group 2: Kilmacud Crokes 1-15 St Vincent’s 2-7; Castleknock 1-13 Ballinteer St John’s 2-15.

SFC1 Group 3: Thomas Davis 0-11 Clontarf 0-9; Skerries Harps 0-15 Ballymun Kickhams 1-12.

SFC1 Group 4: Lucan Sarsfields 1-12 Round Towers Lusk 1-11; St Oliver Plunkett’s/ER 1-15 St Jude’s 3-17.