A total of 776 new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed by health officials today.
This brings the total number of infections to 218,251.
Sadly some 29 people have lost their lives to the deadly disease as the death toll is at 4,300.
17 of these deaths occurred in February, and 12 occurred in January.
The median age of those who died was 77 years and the age range was 29 – 95 years.
Of the cases notified today:
- 394 are men / 379 are women
- 67% are under 45 years of age
- The median age is 34 years old
- 278 in Dublin, 69 in Galway, 57 in Meath, 52 in Kildare, 48 in Donegal and the remaining 272 cases are spread across all other counties. **
As of 8am today, 574 COVID-19 patients are hospitalised, of which 136 are in ICU. 24 additional hospitalisations in the past 24 hours.
As of February 23, 373,280 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in Ireland:
- 238,841 people have received their first dose
- 134,439 people have received their second dose
Sign up for Dublin Live’s breaking news newsletter by simply entering your email address here
The FREE email will land into your inbox every day. Whether it be traffic and travel, what’s on or crime – this newsletter will have you covered for everything.
You can unsubscribe from this service at any time. And rest assured that your data will not be shared with any other party.
Source: Dublin News